Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his visit to Pakistan to attend 7th conference of Internal Ministers of SAARC countries immediately on his return from Islamabad. Nita Ambani has become first Indian woman to join IOC. Here are other top 5 stories at 9 pm.
1. SAARC meet: Reports of Rajnath Singh's speech blackout misleading, says India
India on Thursday described the reports of a 'blackout' of Home Minister Rajnath Singh's statement during the SAARC ministerial meeting as "misleading".
"With reference to the Home Ministers meeting in Islamabad earlier today, media reports of a 'blackout' of our Home Minister's statement are misleading.
2. AAP govt to move SC, says fight is for democracy not supremacy
The AAP government today said it will challenge the High Court order holding that the Lieutenant Governor is the administrative head of the National Capital Territory as it “undermined” the powers of the council of ministers given by the Constitution.
3. Nita Ambani elected as IOC member, first Indian woman to do so
Noted sports promoter and founder chairperson of Reliance Foundation, Nita Ambani was today elected as an individual member of International Olympic Committee as she becomes the first Indian woman to join the prestigious body which governs Olympic sports in the world.
4. Punjab Polls: H S Phoolka, Himmat Singh Shergill among 19 candidates of AAP's first list
Senior lawyers H S Phoolka and Himmat Singh Shergill figure in the first list of 19 candidates released by the Aam Aadmi Party on Thursday for Punjab Assembly elections scheduled early next year.
5. "Peepli Live" co-director Mahmood Farooqui gets 7 years jail for raping American woman
Bollywood film ‘Peepli Live’ co-director Mahmood Farooqui was on Thursday sentenced to seven years imprisonment by a Delhi court for raping a US researcher in New Delhi last year.