The Supreme Court on Wednesday issued an order that the complete National Anthem should be played in all cinema halls across the country before movie starts.
The apex court further said the National Anthem will be accompanied by national flag on screen.
SC's observations in 8 points
1. SC directs National Anthem be played in cinema halls across the country before film screening.
2. SC also stated that everyone present in the cinema halls must rise and pay respect to the National Anthem.
3. National Flag on Screen should be shown when National Anthem is played
4. National Anthem should not be printed or displayed on undesirable objects.
5. There should not be dramatisation of the National Anthem.
6. No commercial benefits be taken by a person by playing the National Anthem.
7. SC directs Centre that the order should be given effect in a week's time and be circulated to all the states and UTs.
8. The Centre has also agreed to circulate the order to all States’ Chief Secretaries and also to publish it on electronic and print media.
Many cinema halls are presently having this practice of playing National Anthem before the movie starts.