Tips to dress up this Lohri
Lohri, The Punjabi Winter Agricultural Festival, Is Celebrated With Great Enthusiasm And Energy Across The Country Every Year In The Month Of January.
Lohri, the Punjabi winter agricultural festival, is celebrated with great enthusiasm and energy across the country every year in the month of January.
Apart from the bhangra beats, dance, bonfire and all the fun, what adds to the beauty of this winter festival is the vibrant and attractive attire of men and women.
While women are seen wearing Patiala suits, men get all decked up in their traditional dhoti kurta or kurta pajama with matching turban.
Fashion trends change with changing times, but the basic attire for Lohri remains the same. Make a style statement this Lohri by following the below mentioned tips:
- Women can opt for heavily embellished Patiala suits as well as the ones that are brightly hued.
- Bright colours are in trend, so men and women both can go for vibrant colours like red, orange and pink.
- Though it is preferable to wear flat jootis since they are comfortable when you dance, however, you can also go for matching heels if they don’t bother you much.
- Women can wear bright, shiny and plain kurtis with floral print dupattas.
- As for the jewellery, jhumkis complements the Punjabi dress.
- Patiala suits with sequins, resham embroidery, zardozi and zari work can be picked for the occasion. Georgette, crepe, silk, chiffon or organza are the most popular fabrics.
- Go for bold lip colours like orange or dark red.
- As for the hairstyle, puffs are quite popular these days and are in trend. Simple braids with matching paranda complete that ‘Punjabi Kudi’ look.
First Published : 12 Jan 2015, 03:31:00 PM