New Delhi :
Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday made several promises in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh and launched a scathing attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. Addressing a rally in Morena, Gandhi promised that if elected to power, the chief minister of the Congress party will work tirelessly for the people of the state. He said his party’s government will provide jobs to the youth – a promise Modi failed to fulfil. Launching a salvo at MP CM, the Gandhi scion said that Chouhan had announced 21,000 schemes but most of his promises remained unfulfilled.
Here are the seven key takeaways of Rahul Gandhi’s speech:
1. People trusted Modi and hoped he will fulfil his promises, provide employment to youth, provide right MSP to farmers. But both PM Modi and CM Chouhan failed in this.
2. Modi govt outright declared that waiving farm loans is not their policy, yet, he waived off loans worth â‚¹3,50,000Cr of a handful of industrialists. Within 10 days of forming the govt, Congress party will waive off farm loans.
3. Everything I have promised has been implemented. I don't want to tell you about my 'Mann ki Baat'. I want to listen to people's needs and fulfil that. This is the difference between them and us.
4. Congress CM will work hard to create employment for the youth of Madhya Pradesh and establish food processing units in every district. We will make 'Made in India' a reality.
5. In Madhya Pradesh, scams like Vyapam have destroyed education and made it expensive. In E-tendering scam, everyone knows who is involved. The privatisation of education and health care has made them expensive and unaffordable. Congress party will establish high-quality government universities and hospitals.
6. When PM Modi said "I'm not a Prime Minister, I'm a Chowkidar", he meant he wanted to protect and serve 15-20 rich industrialists.
7. Two years ago, Modi imposed demonetisation and made the whole country stand in queues. Did we see a Vijay Mallya or Nirav Modi or Anil Ambani in queues? Modi helped them to convert their black money to white.