PM Modi, Amit Shah On Target As Rahul Gandhi Hit Hustings For First Time After LS Polls
Addressing A Rally For Congress Candidate From Ausa Assembly In Maharashtraâ€™s Latur District, Gandhi Also Raised The Issues Of Economic Crisis And Jobs.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Sunday launched a scathing attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah, accusing them of "deflecting" the core issues and asking youths to “watch the moon” when they are demanding jobs. Addressing a rally for Congress candidate from Ausa assembly segment in Maharashtra’s Latur district, the former Congress president also raised the issues of the poor state of the economy and rising unemployment in the country. The Gandhi scion said that the BJP was trying to divert the attention from real issues by seeking to weave the narrative for the October 21 Maharashtra elections around the withdrawal of special status of Jammu and Kashmir and nationalism. This was Rahul Gandhi's first election rally after the Congress party’s Lok Sabha elections debacle.
Also Read | PM Modi Pens Poem On His 'Conversation' With Ocean At Mamallapuram
Rahul Gandhi Latur Rally Top Quotes
- PM Diverting Attention From Real Issues: The real focus of Narendra Modi and Amit Shah is to divert the attention of the people towards Corbett Park, the moon, China, Pakistan, Japan and Korea among others. They are conveniently silent on the issues that are plaguing the country.
- Joblessness On Record High: Unemployment has reached its highest mark in the last 40 years. More than 2000 factories in the country have been closed down. The automobile sector is shattered.
- Divisive Politics Hurting Economy: The more you divide this country, more this country will suffer. This divisive politics is also one of the reasons behind the closure of factories....rise in unemployment will worsen further.
- Modi Destroyed Farmers: If you ask about the current problems facing the people in any corner of the country, the common answer will be ‘devastated farmers and unemployment’...If you ask farmers about their situation, their answer is: Modiji has destroyed us.
- Crisis In Gujarat's Diamond And Garment Industry: In my recent visit to Gujarat, I realised about the woes of the garment and diamond industries, but the media is not talking a single word about it. Nobody will raise question on Narendra Modi. You must look closely what exactly is happening.
- Money Taken From Poor And Given To Rich: Modi came with a promise of ending corruption and imposed note ban, but did you see any corrupt person standing in queues outside ATMs or any bank? Queues were full of poor people, labours, farmers, and the common man. The money was taken from them and utilised for waving the loan of thieves like Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi.
- GST 'Devastated' Businesses: The real target of the note ban and GST was to take out money from pockets of poor and give it to the rich. If you ask any small or medium scale businessmen about the impact of GST, their reply will be ‘Satyanash’ (destruction). They are devastated with the taxation system.
First Published : 13 Oct 2019, 07:58:02 PM