Ford has unveiled a cross-hatchback in the Indian market ‘Freestyle’ at a introductory price of Rs 5.09 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi). The car is also India’s first Compact Utility Vehicle (CUV).
Anurag Mehrotra, President of Ford India said, “We wanted to offer a crossover to our consumer that didn’t just have cladding around it but a real SUV (sports utility vehicle) feel’’.
The newly-launched car will be in direct competition with Maruti Suzuki Ignis, Toyota Etios Cross and Hyundai i20 Active.
Ford Freestyle features. All you need to know
- 1.2l Ti-VCT Petrol Engine1.2l Ti-VCT Petrol Engine which produce 94bhp of power and 120Nm of torque
- 1.5l TDCi Diesel Engine which produces 100bhp of power and 215Nm of torque
- 5-speed Manual Transmission.
- 6.5-inch touchscreen Infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- ABS with EBD, dual front airbags
- Reverse parking camera
- Active Rollover Protection (ARP)
- Mileage for the petrol variant is 19kmpl, and diesel variant is 24.5kmpl
The Ford Freestyle will be available in four variants of petrol and diesel, Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium +.