Maruti Suzuki S-Presso: 7 Things You Need To Know About Automaker’s First Car In Mini-SUV Segment
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Was Launched In India Last Month. In Its First Month Of Sales, The S-Presso Climbed To Be One Of The Top 10 Best-selling Cars In India. Here Are 7 Things That You Need To Know About Maruti Suzuki’s First Car In The Mini-SUV Segment.
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso: 7 Things You Need To Know About Mini-SUV (Photo Credit: File Photo)
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso was launched in India last month. In its first month of sales, the S-Presso climbed to be one of the top 10 best-selling cars in India. The automaker sold over 10,000 models of the S-Presso last month surpassing most of the cars in the market. In the Indian market, Maruti Suzuki S-Presso competes against the likes of Renault Kwid and Hyundai Santro. Here are 7 things that you need to know about Maruti Suzuki’s first car in the mini-SUV segment.
Here are 7 things you need to know about Maruti Suzuki S-Presso:
- The S-Presso is 3,665 mm in length. Its width and height are 1,520 mm and 1,564 mm, respectively. The wheelbase measures 2,380 mm. The car has strong visual connect with the form, design and detailing of the Vitara Brezza. The S-Presso mini SUV has a tall stance and a boxy shape and does manage to stand out of the crowd in the hatchback space. At the rear, the S-Presso gets a big boot lid and square-like tail lamps.
- The S-Presso is built on Maruti Suzuki's Heartect platform, which also underpins the WagonR, Swift and Baleno. On the inside, the S-Presso gets all-black interior and the dashboard gets body-coloured inserts, in the top trims. The highlight of the S-Presso’s interior has the round centre console, which is inspired by the Mini Cooper. The mini-SUV have smartphone connectivity in the form of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- The steering wheel gets control for audio and Bluetooth. The centre console also houses controls for the AC and power windows along with having a USB port and a 12 V socket. Whereas, the top trims of the S-Presso comes equipped with the safety features such as dual-airbags, rear-parking sensors and speed sensing door locking. However, a driver side airbag will be offered as standard on the base models with the option of getting a passenger airbag.
- Maruti S-Presso comes equipped with a BS6-compliant 1.0-litre three-cylinder K-Series petrol engine that will produce 67 bhp at 5,500 rpm and 90 Nm of peak torque at 3,500 rpm. It is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox along with an AMT option as well.
- The S-Presso is offered in four key variants including Standard, LXI, VXI, and VXI+. The four variants further have 10 options based on trims and transmission choices. The variants are Standard, Standard (O), LXI, LXI (O), VXI, VXI (O), VXI+, VXI AGS, VXI (O) AGS, and VXI+ AGS.
- The car is available with 2 wheel sizes, 13-inch and 14-inch. Therefore, it comes with two height options i.e. 1,549 mm and 1,564 mm respectively.
- The price of the recently-launched S-Presso in India starts at Rs 3.69 lakh (ex-showroom India) and goes up to Rs 4.91 lakh (ex-showroom India).
First Published : 26 Nov 2019, 09:27:15 AM