PM Narendra Modi Hails Budget 2020, Says It Has Both Vision And Action
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Congratulated Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman And Said That The Budget 2020 Has Both Vision And Action.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his address on Saturday, February 1, 2020. (Photo Credit: Twitter/Screengrab)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday congratulated Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and her team for presenting the first Budget of the decade that, he says, has both vision and action. The Prime Minister said that his government has given a lot of emphasis on four key areas of empoyement generation - agriculture, infrastructure, textiles and technology.
"The main areas of employment are agriculture, infrastructure, textiles and technology. In order to increase employment generation, these four have been given a lot of emphasis in this budget," Modi said in a televised address.
The prime minister said that the Budget 2020 has further strengthened his government's commitment of "minimum government, maximum governance". He said that the Budget 2020 will give new energy to youth in country by promoting startups.
Suggested Read | Budget 2020: Did You Benefit From New Income Tax Slabs? Know All About It Here
Key Highlights Of Modi's Budget Address
- India will now move to become a key member of the global value chain. The skill development of the youth has also been stressed upon. Skill sets needed for the development of a modern and New India have been focussed.
- Investment is the biggest driver for employment. Steps have been taken to strengthen the bond market and finance for infrastructure. The removal of DDT will hand companies Rs 25,000 crore that will be further invested by them.
- National Logistic Policy will benefit trade, business, and employment. The target to build 100 airports in India will embolden the will of a general Indian. This infrastructure is very important for Indian tourism.
- Export and MSME sector drives employment. In the budget, several new announcements were made to increase exports. Additionally, a new move has been made to make every district an export hub.
- Several tax concessions have been given to attract foreign investment. Tax benefits have also been provided for start-ups and real estate sector. All these decisions will boost the economy faster and will provide new employment opportunities.
First Published : 01 Feb 2020, 05:00:57 PM