Gear S2 smartwatch, Gear VR headset: All about Samsung's new deals!
The Gear S2 And Gear S2 Classic Will Be Available On Flipkart For Rs 24, 300 And Rs 25,800, Respectively. While The Gear VR Headset Will Cost Rs 8,200 In Indian Markets.
New Delhi :
Korean technology maker Samsung on Thursday launched its Gear S2 smartwatch and Gear VR headset in India.
The smartwatch was earlier showcased during the IFA Berlin trade show in September last year.
The Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic will be available on Flipkart for Rs 24, 300 and Rs 25,800, respectively. While the Gear VR headset will cost Rs 8,200 in Indian markets.
Let us take a look at the specifications of the smartwatch:
- It features a 1.2-inch circular dial with Super AMOLED display
- The Classic version of the device will be available with a leather band; other options include mendini, warm grey and red for Gear S2 and grey leather and brown leather for Gear S2 Classic.
- It is powered by Tizen OS and comes with 4GB of internal memory and 512MB RAM.
- It runs on 1.0 GHz dual-core processor and is backed by a 250mAh battery.
- It also features a built-in heart rate sensor and lets users access emails, notifications and messages.
VR headset specifications
- It is powered by Oculus and lets users experience movies, shows in 3D.
- The Gear VR weighs 310 grams, 19 per cent lighter than the Innovator Edition launched earlier.
- It is compatible with Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge+, S6 and S6 Edge. Netflix will be accessible via Samsung Gear VR headset.
First Published : 21 Jan 2016, 04:43:00 PM