News Nation Logo

Fire breaks out in residential building in Ahmedabad, one dead

The Fire Was Reported From The Fifth And Sixth Floor Of The High-rise Building Called ‘Ganesh Genesis’ In Ahmedabad.

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Surabhi Pandey | Updated on: 26 Jul 2019, 03:46:47 PM


A fire broke out in a residential building in Ahmedabad on Friday one has been declared dead. The blaze was reported from the fifth and sixth floor of the high-rise building called ‘Ganesh Genesis’. “Fire broke out on 5th-6th floor of the building. All people have been safely rescued, 2 were in serious condition, their status will be updated by the hospital,” Fire Officer Rajesh Bhatt was quoted as saying by news agency ANI. Earlier in May, Gujarat witnessed another blaze disaster in which 21 teenaged students were killed trapped inside a coaching centre. In the tragic incident, 21 teenage students, including 16 girls, were killed in a massive fire which engulfed a coaching centre in Sarthana area of Gujarat’s Surat. While some were suffocated, others jumped to their death from the top floor of the four-storey commercial complex where the coaching centre was located.

Preliminary investigation in the incident revealed that the coaching centre was illegally constructed at the top floor of the building. The police registered an FIR against three people, including the builders of the complex and the owner of the coaching centre. Following the terrible incident, Gujarat government has ordered a fire safety audit of all the schools, hospitals, malls and other commercial buildings to check whether they have proper equipment and facilities to deal with such incidents.

For all the Latest Cities News, Ahmedabad News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 26 Jul 2019, 03:46:47 PM