News Nation Logo

Bike rider dies on the spot as Chinese manjha slits his throat

The Delhi Government Had Banned Chinese Manjha Or Metal Coated Thread In 2016.

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Raghwendra Shukla | Updated on: 03 Apr 2019, 01:00:46 PM
Victim's throat was found deeply cut. (Representational Image)

New Delhi:

A teenager riding his bike died after his throat was slit by a Chinese 'manjha' (kite string) in north Delhi, police said on Tuesday. The incident took place on Monday noon when the boy, identified as Ravi, was returning home after purchasing spare parts for a room cooler from a market at Nirankari Colony.

"When Ravi reached at GTB Nagar area, he came in contact with Chinese manjha and collapsed on the bike. His throat was found deeply cut. He was taken to a hospital where he was declared brought dead," a senior police officer was quoted as saying by IANS.

"We have registered a case against unknown persons and are investigating," he added.

Ravi, who was a resident of Yograj Colony, worked at a private company.

The Delhi government had banned Chinese manjha or metal coated thread in 2016 after many riders suffered critical injuries and some of them died in the national capital.

Despite the ban, people have been using these strings to fly kites which has resulted in injuries and death of many people.

For all the Latest Cities News, Delhi & NCR News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 03 Apr 2019, 01:00:42 PM