Fire breaks out in Delhi's Gaffar Market in Karol Bagh, 4 fire tenders present at spot. (Representational photo)
A fie broke out at Gaffar Market in Karol Bagh of Central Delhi on Saturday. The fire broke out in the basement of a building in the area. As many as four fire tenders are present at the spot. The market is popular for electronic goods. According to the officials, they received information about the fire at around 11.50 pm following which five fire tenders were rushed to the spot. It was found that two mobile repairing shops which were operating from a basement had caught fire.The blaze was brought under control at around 12.20 pm and no casualty has been reported
In November 2018, four people had died and two suffered minor injuries after a fire broke out at a garment manufacturing unit in Karol Bagh.
Of the deceased, one was a specially-abled man and two were women. A case has been registered and the owner of the factory has been arrested.
According to the fire fighters, a blaze sparked when one of the workers was using white solvent. He spilt the solvent while pouring it in a spray machine. The solvent caught fire from a steam iron that was placed close by. White solvent is a chemical used to clean fabric.
In 2016, a fire had broken out in the Gaffar Market.