News Nation Logo

Nizamuddin Case | Out Of 1548 People, Brought Out From Congregation, 441 Have COVID-19 Symptoms: Arvind Kejriwal

Out Of The 97 Cases In Delhi, 24 Cases Are From Markaz, Nizamuddin. 41 Have Travel History To Foreign Countries And 22 Are Family Members Of The Foreign Travelers, Arvind Kejriwal Said.

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Victor Dasgupta | Updated on: 31 Mar 2020, 05:57:32 PM
arvind main

Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal (Photo Credit: PTI)

New Delhi:

After ordering registration of an FIR against a maulana for leading a congregation in West Nizamuddin in South Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday said that the government is waiting for Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal's order. "Delhi Government wrote to Lieutenant Governor for registration of FIR in this case, I have full hope he will give orders soon," Arvind Kejriwal said. Assuring stern action against government officials, the chief minster said that if any negligence is found on part of any officers then action will be taken against them also.

Arvind Kejriwal also informed that out of 1,548 people who have been brought out of Markaz (Nizamuddin), 441 were symptomatic. They have been shifted to hospitals and their tests are being conducted. 1,107 who did not show symptoms have been sent to quarantine.

The Delhi government has earlier said that it will launch a house-to-house mapping exercise in two nearby colonies to check for coronavirus cases. The Delhi Police on Monday cordoned off a major area in Nizamuddin West where several people showed symptoms of coronavirus after taking part in the congregation earlier this month, officials said.

"Out of the 97 cases in Delhi, 24 cases are from Markaz, Nizamuddin. 41 have travel history to foreign countries and 22 are family members of the foreign travelers. 10 cases yet to be ascertained. No local community transmission right now," Arvind Kejriwal further added.

Over 2,000 delegates, including from Indonesia and Malaysia, attended the Tabligh-e-Jamaat congregation in Nizamuddin West from March 1-15, officials said as the south Delhi neighbourhood was virtually sealed following fears that some people may have contracted Covid-19.

For all the Latest Cities News, Delhi & NCR News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 31 Mar 2020, 05:41:16 PM