News Nation Logo

Teenager gets electrocuted while trying to retrieve kite

A 14-year-old Boy Was On Friday Electrocuted While Allegedly Trying To Retrieve A Kite That Had Got Entangled In A High-tension Electric Wire, Police Said.

PTI | Updated on: 16 Jan 2016, 02:23:40 PM


A 14-year-old boy was on Friday electrocuted while allegedly trying to retrieve a kite that had got entangled in a high-tension electric wire, police said.

The victim, has been identified as S B Kiran, a Class 9 student.

He was flying a kite on the occasion of Makar Sankranti festival in Musheerabad area. The teenager then went to the roof of a two-storey building in his neighbourhood after the kite got stuck in a high-tension electric wire, police said.

“The boy took out a 15-foot iron rod to remove the kite but suffered severe electric shock and burn injuries in the process, and died on the spot,” Musheerabad Police Station Sub-Inspector B Bhaskar said. 

For all the Latest Cities News, Hyderabad News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 16 Jan 2016, 02:17:00 PM