Deepotsav 2018: Ten things to know about Ayodhya's 'Carnival of Lights'
Deepotsav, the mega Diwali event in Ayodhya, will commence in a few hours from now. The Uttar Pradesh government event will be attended by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and South Korean First Lady Kim Jung-sook will grace the occasion as the chief guest. As many as three lakh diyas or earthen lamps will be lit at the "Ram ki Paidi" followed by a water show and fireworks. Multicoloured lights have been installed at various places in the temple town to illuminate the entire city. Beautiful statues of Ram and Hanuman at the Saryu ghat have also been a centre or attraction among the people.
Also Read | Lucknow: Yogi Adityanath inaugurates Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium ahead of India-Windies T20I
Ten things to know about Deepotsav 2018:
- The Uttar Pradesh government has been organsing Deepotsav - a carnival of lights – in Ayodhya on Diwali since becoming Yogi Adityanath assumed office as the chief minister last year.
- As many as 3.35 lakh 'diyas' are to be lit at the Ram ki Paidi, aiming to book a place in the Guinness Book of Record.
- A special laser show and water show is also being organised in which Tulsidas will be seen narrating the story of Ramayana on the bank of River Saryu.
- A 30-feet statue of Lord Rama has been made by the artists from Maharashtra near the site of the Deepotsav
- A cultural team from South Korea's Busan will perform a traditional dance at a place just next to the site of the Queen Heo Hwang-ok Memorial in Ayodhya.
- The site currently has two memorial stones, with the legend of Queen Heo Hwang-ok engraved on them.
- South Korean First Lady Kim Jung-sook is the first foreign dignitary at Diwali festivities in India.
- The South Korean First lady will also light the lamp that is around four-and-half feet and is made out of waste materials by the fine arts department of Ram Manohar Lohiya Awadh University. It has designs which showcases Awadhi tradition and culture.
- Artistes from South Korea, Laos, Cambodia, Russia and Trinidad will also perform at the event.
- Artistes performing the roles of Ram and Sita will be welcomed at Ram Katha Park in Ayodhya by Yogi Adityanath himself. They will arrive in a chopper.
First Published : 06 Nov 2018, 02:42:43 PM