News Nation Logo

BREAKING

Four of a family among eight injured in LPG cylinder blast in Thane's Indira Nagar

PTI | Updated on: 07 Oct 2018, 12:33:57 PM
Four of a family among eight injured in LPG cylinder blast (Representational image)

Thane (Maharashtra):

At least eight people were injured, four of them members of a family, when a cooking gas cylinder exploded following a leakage at Thane in Maharashtra, police said Sunday. The incident took place in the Indira Nagar locality of the city late on Saturday evening, they said.

The injured are being treated at the Government Civil Hospital here and at least four of them, all from one family, are in a critical condition, the police added.

Read More | Kangana Ranaut on Vikas Bahl controversy: He used to bury his face in my neck and smell my hair

The LPG blast took place in a house where a tiling work was being carried out, a civic official said.

The owner had kept the gas cylinder outside the house when it began to leak and suddenly exploded, said Santosh Kadam, chief of the Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) of the Thane Municipal Corporation.

Also Read |  Virat Kohli to BCCI: Let wives stay for full overseas tour; Committee of Administrators says 'policy not to change soon'

The blast left four members of a family - a couple and their two children - in whose house the tiling work was going on, seriously injured, the police said. The other injured included their neighbours, they said.

The house owner, Gomti Prasad Sharma, who received 90 per cent burns, has been booked under IPC sections 285 (negligent conduct with respect to fire or combustible matter) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others), the police added. 

For all the Latest Cities News, Mumbai News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 07 Oct 2018, 12:18:13 PM

Videos