Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot. (Photo Credit: ANI)
A fire broke out at a chemical company in Dombivali area of Maharashtra’s Thane district in the wee hours of Tuesday. Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames. Efforts were still on to douse the flames at the time of writing this report. No casualty was reported in the mishap, an official said.
“The blaze erupted in Metropolitan company, located in the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) area of Dombivali township,” Regional Disaster Management Cell chief Santosh Kadam said.
“No one was injured in the fire,” Kadam said, adding that the cause of the blaze was yet to be ascertained.
Earlier, a major broke out at an automobile firm on the outskirts of Pune city early Tuesday morning, an official said. No casualty was reported so far, he said.
The blaze erupted around 4 am in the Varroc Lighting Systems India Pvt Ltd company premises, located at Maan near Hinjawadi, a fire brigade official said.
"The fire, which possibly broke out due to a short circuit, gradually spread in other areas in the firm," he said, adding that firemen managed to douse the flames after about four hours.
"There is no report of any casualty so far, but a lot of property was damaged," he added.
The firm supplies exterior vehicle lighting systems. The plant contained several automobile parts like head and tail lights, raw material such as plastic, thinner, silicon fluids, and chemicals.