News Nation Logo

BREAKING

Infant dies of accidental strangulation in swing

PTI | Updated on: 24 Jul 2018, 02:53:46 PM
A nine-month-old girl died allegedly due to accidental suffocation while she was asleep in a swing in Nashik

Nashik:

A nine-month-old girl died allegedly due to accidental suffocation while she was asleep in a swing at her home here, police said on Tuesday.

The incident took place at Shivaji Nagar locality in Nashik on Monday afternoon, police said.

“The baby girl- Aradhya Khadpe- was put to sleep by her mother in a cloth swing around 12.30 pm yesterday. To save the infant from falling to the ground from the swing, her mother had wrapped a scarf around her inside the swing,” an official of Gangapur police station said.

Read | LIVE: Maratha Kranti Morcha intensifies protest over quota demands

“When the baby moved inside the swing during her sleep the scarf tied around her got entangled around her neck, which led to her death,” the official added.

Unaware of it, her mother went to wake up the baby around 3 pm when she saw the child lying motionless. She immediately told her husband Yogesh about it. He rushed the baby to the civil hospital, where doctors declared her brought dead, police said.

Read | Ghaziabad Building Collapse: 2 dead; CM Adityanath orders probe

Doctors confirmed that she died of suffocation, they added.

For all the Latest Cities News, Mumbai News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 24 Jul 2018, 02:53:26 PM

Videos