News Nation Logo

Student, who had consumed poison after failing exams, dies

PTI | Updated on: 14 Jul 2018, 06:33:41 PM
Student, who had consumed poison after failing exams, dies (Representational Image)


A 21-year-old student, who had allegedly consumed poison after reportedly failing in her college exams on Saturday died while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in suburban Kurla here, police said.

Puja Sangle, the daughter of a constable attached to Nehrunagar police station, was depressed for the past few days after she failed her second year Bachelor of Architecture exams, a senior police official said.

The official said the deceased had also applied for admission to a new stream at a different college.

Three days ago, she consumed poison and fell unconscious near Kurla station following which she was rushed to a nearby hospital, an official said.

“She died today while undergoing treatment. A probe into the incident is underway,” said Vilas Shinde, senior inspector, Nehrunagar police station.

For all the Latest Cities News, Mumbai News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 14 Jul 2018, 06:33:15 PM