Fire at paediatric ward of SSG Hospital in Gujarat (Photo Source: ANI)
New Delhi :
A massive fire broke out at the paediatric ward of Shree Sir Sayaji General (SSG) Hospital in Gujarat's Vadodara on Tuesday. As per the latest reports, all of the 35 kids who were admitted to the hospital have been evacuated from the ward and shifted to a safer place.
Fire department recieved a call about the incident this afternoon and hurried to the hospital to douse the blaze. However, no injury or loss of property have been reported in the incident so far. The blaze fighting operation was underway when the last reports came in.
"Gujarat: A fire has broken out at the paediatric ward of Shree Sir Sayaji General (SSG) Hospital in Vadodara. All the children have been safely shifted from the ward. Fire fighting operations are underway," the news agency ANI reported.
Gujarat: A fire has broken out at the paediatric ward of Shree Sir Sayaji General (SSG) Hospital in Vadodara. All the children have been safely shifted from the ward. Fire fighting operations are underway. pic.twitter.com/WZ5hkVMUpS— ANI (@ANI) September 10, 2019
The year 2019 continues to prove disastrous for Gujarat when it comes to combating fire incidents. In late May, a deadly blaze which ripped through a coaching centre in the city's Sarthana area, left at least 20 children dead and several others injured.
In a video clip of the incident, emerged on the internet, several students were seen jumping off the building to escape the inferno. Some people were unable to escape and died on the spot. The fire was reportedly triggered by a short circuit.
The police have arrested the coaching centre's operator Bhargav Bhutani and the owners of the building - Harshal Vekaria and Jignesh Padgal. Efforts are also on to nab the two other accused, who are absconding.