All sick students have been taken to local Sadar hospital after the shocking incidents. (Image tweeted by ANI)
At least 40 students fell ill after consuming 'prasad' at a school in Jharkhand’s Lohardaga district. All students have been taken to local Sadar hospital after the shocking incident. "40 children have come here till now, one or two are in critical condition. It is a case of food poisoning, we are treating them accordingly," Dr SS Khalid at hospital was quoted as saying by ANI.
Meanwhile, reacting over the food poisoning incident, Lohardaga’s District Education Officer Ratan Mahwar said that the administration is investigating into the matter and action will be taken against whoever would found guilty. “We will get the food sample examined to ascertain the cause,” he added.
Earlier, 11 people died and 66 others have been hospitalised after they consumed 'prasad' at a temple in Karnataka's Chamarajanagar on December 14, 2018. Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy had said there was an unfortunate food poisoning incident in Kamgere village. The principal secretary and the commissioner had instructed DHOs Mandya and Mysore to provide help to the Chamrajnagar health administration.Kumaraswamy announced a relief of Rs five lakh to the next to the kin of the deceased. He flew to Chamarajnagar by special plane from Belagavi.
"In view of the shortage of ambulances in Chamarajanagardistrict, 32 ambulances have been rushed from Mysuru," the chief minister said. Two people from the temple management have been detained for questioning, said police sources.
Later, after the investigation, it was found that there was a cold-blooded conspiracy in the quest of getting power in the temple administration.