A fun Sunday evening turned tragic for a youth and a minor boy when they were electrocuted trying to take a selfie on a train roof and were hit with a high-tension wire at Jamshedpur in Jharkhand. The victims were identified as 20-year-old Mohammad Faisal and 11-year-old Mohammad Naved, both were residents of Maqdampur under the Parsudih police station. Both of them were electrocuted while they were traveling on top of an empty goods train, standing near the Salgajhuri cabin. The train was going to Nimpura yard and it was waiting for a signal when the two climbed the train's roof to click selfies.
The Hindustan Times reported that Faisal got stuck in the wire and Naved was electrocuted after which he fell from the train's roof. Faisal died on the spot but Naved was rushed to a nearby hospital with severe burn injuries all over his body.
HK Balmuchu, the director of the Tatanagar railway station said that it was an unfortunate incident and an investigation will be carried out in the case. He also mentioned that people should not put their lives at risk for taking selfies and doing stunts on railway tracks or around the trains.