Kannur International Airport: All you need to know in 10 points
The Three Other International Airports In Kerala Are In Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi And Kozhikode.
Union Minister Suresh Prabhu and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the Kannur international airport on December 9, taking the total number of international airports in Kerala to four. The first flight from the airport, an Air India Express flight with 180 passengers to Abu Dhabi, was flagged off by the ministers on Sunday. The three other international airports in Kerala are in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode.
Spread across 2,000 acres and built at a cost of Rs 1,800 crore, the new airport in Kannur can reportedly handle around 2,000 passengers at a time and will serve more than 1.5 million international passengers yearly. The runway length of the airport is 3,050 metre and will be extended to 4,000 metre.
Read More | GoAir to start flights to Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai from Kannur
Here's all you need to know about Kannur International Airport in 10 points:
- This is the fourth international airport in Kerala.
- The airport is spread across 2,000 acre.
- It is built at a cost of Rs 1,800 crore.
- The airport can reportedly handle around 2,000 passengers at a time and will serve more than 1.5 million international passengers yearly.
- The runway length of the airport is 3,050 metre and will be extended to 4,000 metre.
- The airport has 24 check-in counters, self-baggage drop counters, self-checking machines and 32 immigration counters.
- It has 7 aerobridges and has space to park 20 aircraft at a time.
- The first flight from the airport, an Air India Express flight with 180 passengers, took off for Abu Dhabi.
- The airport is expected to boost tourism in Kannur, Kasargode, Wayanad and increase inter-state trade in handloom and spices sector.
- It is only 20 km away from Kannur city, and 2 km from Mattannur on Kannur Mattannur Mysuru road.
Also Read| Maruti Suzuki announces price hike from January 2019, details inside
First Published : 10 Dec 2018, 11:47:25 AM