The Supreme Court stays Madras HC interim order restraining publication of results of NEET 2017 for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. It allows authorities to proceed further with declaration of result of NEET 2017 & subsequent admission as per schedule fixed by it earlier.
Adding more to it, SC said NEET result 2017 and subsequent counselling & admission will be subject to its decision on matter pending before it. The Supreme court on Monday requested HCs not to entertain petitions on matters relating to NEET examination 2017.
After so much of delay the Supreme Court has asked The Central Board of Secondary Education to declare NEET Result 2017 befor June 26.
Last week CBSE has moved the Supreme Court seeking an immediate stay on the Madras High Court order restraining the publication of results of NEET 2017 for admission to MBBS and BDS courses across the country.
It was on May 24 that High Court has granted interim stay on the publication of NEET results on a batch of pleas alleging that a uniform question paper was not given in the examination and there was a vast difference between the ones in English and in Tamil.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) mentioned the matter before a vacation bench comprising Justices Ashok Bhushan and Deepak Gupta and said that due to the high court's order, the entire schedule of counselling and subsequent admission for medical courses through NEET has gone "haywire".
Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Maninder Singh, representing the CBSE, told the bench that National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) examination 2017 was conducted by the board and around 12 lakh candidates have appeared in it. The apex court said it would hear on June 12 the matter which concerns the fate of around 12 lakh aspirants for MBBS and BDS courses.
However, a vacation bench of Justices P C Pant and Deepak Gupta said the declaration of results as well as the subsequent counselling and admission will be subject to the decision of the apex court in the matter pending before it.
The bench also requested all the high courts not to entertain petitions in the matters relating to the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) examination 2017.
The order came on the plea by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and others challenging the May 24 order of the Madras High Court which had restrained the Board from publishing the results of NEET examination 2017 in which around 12 lakh aspirants had appeared.