JEE Main 2019 exam begins tomorrow, last minute tips for candidates (File Photo)
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to conduct the Joint Entrance Examination or JEE Main 2019 from Sunday, January 6, 2019. The examination will end on January 20, 2019. This is the first time that JEE Main, the national level online competitive examination will be conducted entirely in the computer-based mode. Over 9 lakh candidates have registered for the same. JEE Main 2019 examination carries 360 marks and will be held for a duration of 3 hours. The result of JEE Main exam will be announced on January 31, 2019. On December 17, the NTA has made the JEE Main 2019 admit cards available on its official website, i.e. jeemain.nic.in. The JEE Main 2019 admit card features all the important details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, parents’ details, photograph, exam date and time, the address of the exam centre, signature and etc.
Here are the last minutes tips that candidates need to keep in mind before appearing for the JEE Main 2019 examination on Sunday.
1. Candidates must carry their admit card in order to be allowed inside the examination centre. The JEE Main 2019 admit card should be printed in colour on an A4 size paper.
2. Aspirants are advised to reach the examination centre within the scheduled time mentioned in the JEE Main 2019 admit card. They must take note of their reporting time, gate closing time of the exam centre, shift and timing of exam, and venue detail.
3. Apart from the admit card, candidates appearing for the national level entrance examination should carry a passport size photograph coloured photograph, a copy of the PwD certificate in the prescribed format (if applicable) and a valid ID proof - PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ Aadhaar Enrolment No/ Ration Card. The passport size photograph should be identical to one which is uploaded while filling up the JEE Main 2019 application form.
4. Cellular phone, Geometry Box, Pencil Box, Purse, Mobile, Pager, Calculator, Log Tables, copying materials, books, notebooks, bits of paper, watch, camera, tape recorder, eatables, water and any kind of metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices are strictly prohibited inside the examination centre.
5. However, there is a slight exemption in the rule especially for diabetic students and they will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets, fruits, transparent water bottle to the Examination Hall/Room. But packed foods like chocolates, chips, candy or sandwiches are not allowed for diabetics like all other candidates.
About JEE Main Examination:
Joint Entrance Examination – Main (JEE-Main), formerly All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE), is an examination organised by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in India. It is a gateway to various undergraduate engineering and architecture institutions which accept the AIEEE score. Introduced in 2002, the prestigious national level examination takes place for admission to 31 National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and 23 Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) across the country.