Kejriwal Government resolves to ensure quality education; reopens scheme to provide free coaching to SC/ST/OBC/EWS students
The Kejriwal Government Has Taken A Pledge To Uplift The Poor And Disadvantaged Communities. The Government Is Taking The Initiative So That All Students From The SC/ST/OBC/EWS Society Will Get Support For Taking Up Higher Education And Pursuing Professional Careers.
Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana (Photo Credit: News Nation )
New Delhi :
The Kejriwal Government has taken a pledge to uplift the poor and disadvantaged communities. The government is taking the initiative so that all students from the SC/ST/OBC/EWS society will get support for taking up higher education and pursuing professional careers. The Kejriwal Government has reopened the applications for the same under ‘Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana’.
What is the Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana?
Under the scheme, meritorious students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and EWS categories will receive free coaching from private institutes for competitive exams such as JEE, NEET, CLAT, Civil Services, Banking, Railways, SSC. The important thing to keep in mind is that if a kid belongs from a family whose annual income is less than 8 lac rupees per annum but is talented then only he will be permitted to get the benefit of the scheme.
15,000 students will get monthly stipend alongwith free coaching
To tackle the problem of long commutes and time management, a stipend of 2,500 rupees per month will be provided to the students, so that they will be able to pay the required fees and spend the remaining money on the stationery and other resources. 15,000 talented students of Delhi can now enrol themselves in the 46 empanelled institutes so that they can be coached for all major competitive exams.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE STUDENTS:
- Residents of Delhi & belonging to SC/ST/OBC / EWS Categories.
- The annual family income limit is up to Rs. 8 lacs.
- Passed 10th and 12th class from schools in Delhi and fulfils eligibility Criteria for the specific competitive Exam.
HOW TO APPLY
1. For Empanelled Institutes:
- Students can directly apply to the institute for admission in the annexed prescribed format.
- The institute will enrol the students based on full-filling of eligibility criteria and availability of seats.
- After enrolment of students, the institute shall submit a complete list of such admitted students to the Department within seven days from the start of the Coaching programme.
- A list of empanelled Institutes along with the number of seats allotted is available on the website:- scstwelfare.delhigovt.nic.in
Also Read This: Kerala HC Lifts Ban: Online Rummy is a Game of Skill, Playing for Stakes or is not relevant
2. For Non-Empanelled Institute:
- Students can directly apply in the prescribed format indicating the Coaching centre.
- An envelope containing the application shall be superscribed on top in the Bold letters “Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojna".
- Application for coaching under Jai Bhim Application shall be submitted to the Deputy Director (Implementation ). Department for the Welfare of SCs, STs, OBCs, GNCT_of Delhi, Vikas Bhawan, B-Block, 2nd Floor, L.P. Estate, New Delhi between on any working days within 30 days from the date of publication of advertisement in the newspapers.
- Applications of the students will be scrutinised in the Department and all eligible students are allowed to avail coaching from non empanelled institutes of their choice subject to availability of seats.
First Published : 09 Nov 2021, 02:05:18 PM