News Nation Logo

Delhi | Students From Nursery To Class 8 Will Be Promoted To Next Class Under No Detention Policy: Manish Sisodia

Students From Nursery To Class 8 Will Be Promoted To Next Class Under No Detention Policy: Manish Sisodia

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Victor Dasgupta | Updated on: 30 Mar 2020, 06:05:57 PM
Manish Main

Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia (Photo Credit: PTI)

New Delhi:

Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia on Monday announced that students from nursery to class 8 will be promoted to next class under no detention police in the national capital. Sisodia also said that the government will start online classes of two subjects for the class 12 students. While addressing the media, in presence of Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, Sisodia said that the teachers will be in touch with the students of upto class 8 over phone to guide them.

CM Arvind Kejriwal also addressed the media and said that those who do not have ration cards will also be given ration by Delhi government. The Centre, earlier, had declared 21-day lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus which resulted into severe panic in migrant workers as they complain of having no job or food.

During a video conference with Chief Secretaries and DGPs, Cabinet Secretary Rajiv Gauba and Union Home Secretary Ajay Bhalla asked them to ensure that there is no movement of people across cities or on highways as the lockdown continues. "There has been movement of migrant workers in some parts of the country. Directions were issued that district and state borders should be effectively sealed," a government official said.

States were directed to ensure there is no movement of people across cities or on highways. Only movement of goods should be allowed. District Magistrates and SPs should be made personally responsible for implementation of these directions, the official said. Adequate arrangements for food and shelter of poor and needy people including migrant labourers be made at the place of their work, the official said.

Delhi police on Sunday dispersed the hundreds of migrants who were converging at the inter-state bus terminals in a bid to return to their native places, as the Centre directed strict enforcement of the lockdown curbs to check the spread of coronavirus including sealing of borders

Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said if the lockdown is not followed, the country will fail to contain the coronavirus outbreak, and assured the migrant workers that his government has made food and boarding arrangements for them

Police said more than 150 cases were registered and 3,811 people detained on Sunday for violating government orders

With 23 fresh cases, the total number of coronavirus cases in the national capital climbed to 72 on Sunday, according to the Delhi Health Department Till Saturday night, the number of COVID-19 cases in Delhi stood at 49, including two deaths.

Though all inter-state bus service were suspended following the 21-day lockdown announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday night, thousands of daily wagers and labourers from Delhi, Haryana and even Punjab had been reaching Anand Vihar, Ghazipur and Ghaziabad’s Lal Kuan areas since Thursday after arduous treks on foot in a bid to ride buses to their respective native places.

Police made little attempt to disperse the people even as the large crowds heightened fears of spread of infection. However by Sunday afternoon the area had been cleared with the Delhi police discouraging migrant workers heading to Anand Vihar Inter-State Bus Terminal, even using force, carrying out intensive checking of vehicles and barricading roads.

(With agency inputs)

For all the Latest Education News, Other Education News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 30 Mar 2020, 05:29:16 PM