B.Sc. first semester result is much worse than that of B.Com. and B.A. (File Photo)
The Lucknow University (LU) on Friday released the results of the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) first semester and shockingly a little over 50 per cent students have failed to score the minimum passing mark.
However, students who have failed in the first semester need not worry as they will get promoted to the second semester, according to the University’s policy. As per the policy, students who fail in the first semester will get admission in the second semester and they will be given a chance to clear the first semester along with the third-semester examination.
A total of 50.09 per cent student in the B.Sc. have failed to clear the first semester while remaining 49.91 per cent have cleared it. This result is much worse than that of B.Com. and B.A. in which a total of 9.95 per cent and 23.79 per cent have failed to clear the semester.
Students who appeared in the exam can check their results on the University's official website -www.lkouniv.ac.in. In 2018, a total of 44 per cent students had failed to clear the B.Sc. first year.