Odisha leader Baijayant Jay Panda, who joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) early this month, is among 10 candidates in the first list of Lok Sabha Elations for Odisha. Panda, one of the prominent Biju Janata Dal (BJD) leaders, had quit the party in May 2018 following a long-standing rift with Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who is also the chief of the BJD. The state accounts for 21 Lok Sabha seats.
While Union Minister Jual Oram will contest from Sundargarh, Balabhadra Majhi - who resigned from the BJD after denial of ticket - will contest from Nabarangpur.
Rudra Narayan Pani will contest from Dhenkanal while Pratap Sarangi will fight from Balasore. Ananta Naik is the BJP candidate from Keonjhar and Sangeeta Singh Deo from Bolangir.
Aparajita Sarangi who quit IAS to join politics will fight from Bhubaneswar. Bhrugu Buxipatra will contest from Berhampur and Anita Priyadarshini from Aska.
Here is the complete list of 10 candidates:
1. Sundargarh (ST): Jual Oram
2. Keonjhar (ST): Ananta Naik
3. Balasore: Pratap Sarangi
4. Dhenkanal: Rudra Narayan Pani
5. Bolangir: Sangeeta Kumari Singh Deo
6. Nabarangpur (ST): Balabhadra Majhi
7. Kendrapara: Baijayant Panda
8. Bhubaneswar: Aparajita Sarangi
9. Aska: Anita Priyadarshni
10. Berhampur: Brughu Baxipatra