I would not have escaped unhurt without CRPF protection: Shah's top quotes on Kolkata violence
Amit Shah Said He Would Not Have Escaped Unhurt Without CRPF Protection When His Convoy Was Allegedly Attacked In Kolkata On Tuesday.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Wednesday accused Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress of indulging in violence in West Bengal and alleged that the Election Commission has been a "mute spectator". Addressing a press conference in the national capital, Shah also said he would not have escaped unhurt without CRPF protection when his convoy was allegedly attacked in Kolkata on Tuesday.
Here are the top quotes of Amit Shah's press conference
- The place where the statue of Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar is placed is inside the rooms. The college was closed, everything is locked, then who opened the room. Even the lock is not broken, then who had the keys. The Trinamool has captured the college.
- If the CRPF was not present, it would have been difficult for me to escape unhurt due to the violence in my Kolkata roadshow yesterday. Trinamool can go to any extent, it's with luck that I made it out.
- If you think that an FIR will scare the BJP workers, you are wrong. I can assure you that BJP workers and the people of Bengal will aggressively vote against you.
- Mamata Banerjee claims that BJP is doing it, I want to tell her, we are fighting in every state in the nation, unlike you on 42 seats in West Bengal. Violence didn't take place in 6 phases of elections anywhere but Bengal which proves that Trinamool Congress is responsible for it.
- Election Commission mute spectator in West Bengal, history-sheeters not arrested before polls. The poll panel has laid "double standards" and it has been partial towards the Trinamool Congress.
First Published : 15 May 2019, 12:42:50 PM