Dynastic politics major threat to India's democracy, says Modi in 1st election interview - Top quotes
In An Interview To Republic TV, The Prime Minister Took A Jab On Opposition, Saying That They Change The Topic Whenever He Speaks On The Progress.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday slammed Opposition parties and expressed hopes that of getting a full majority in the Lok Sabha elections 2019. In an interview to Republic TV, the prime minister took a jab on Opposition, saying that they change the topic whenever he speaks on the progress. Modi rejected the Opposition charge that unemployment was on the rise during his tenure and claimed that four crore jobs were generated by his "Jan Dhan" scheme alone. Below are the top quotes of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's intereview:
- "We can debate on the gas connections provided, house built and bank accounts opened with the Opposition. When I speak on progress, they change the topic and pick other issues. We are the government that works 24 hours and these are issues that matter to us but they keep talking about the same thing over and over again."
- "Pakistan has constantly tried to assure that they will take action, but we hardly see anything happening from their end. So, I've stopped responding to their assurances. Regarding the 26/11 attacks, we had given them a detailed dossier, but there was no response again. When PM Khan was elected, I congratulated him and I've taken steps for cordial talks but where is the action? It's good that PM Khan is doing good things for his citizens, but what is necessary right now is for Pakistan to come out of terrorism."
- "It is unfortunate that when Abhinandan Varthaman was detained in Pakistan, the Opposition started questioning the Balakot air strike and regarding his return. It was their plan and they were going to bring out a 'candle light march' for it."
- "No one can question my patriotism for my country. Everyone was aware of how big the attack was, but you should question the Opposition regarding such personal attacks. If they are sure of what they are blaming us for, they can go ahead with this as their agenda for the polls," says Modi on allegations of match-fixing with Pakistan Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- "Whatever we have been able to successfully execute in the past 5 years, it is because of the trust Indians place in us. We came into power with a sweeping majority, which shows the consent of the people and as of what I understand of politics, people have understood what Modi can do for them, what are the changes our government can bring in, how BJP can help the country progress. There are some spheres where India feels we lack, but we are sure that Indians won't let us down."
- "India has made its mark in the superspace league with Mission Shakti. It was not a pre-planned move, we announced it when the test was successful and it has taken immense effort over many years."
- "In Bengal, Kerala and Odisha, has there been any understanding between the Opposition parties then how is the gathbandhan working? It is not yet happening. If people of this country have decided to give us the majority, then who can keep us out even if they decide to ally up after the polls are done? The country has made its decision to ensure full majority and reinstate the NDA government, no one can question that."
- "Dynastic politics is a major threat to India's democracy, it is not my personal problem. The parties which are run by families, the country cannot function out of the families control. The party which works as a personal company where no one else can come in as President, this is wrong. It is the responsibility of media houses like you to bring out such dynastic political families."
- "Those who have seen my tenure as CM of Gujarat in the past 13-14 years, they won't accuse me of trying to control the judiciary and parliament. I've been silent all this while but should I question as to who ordered for the Emergency? Who jailed political leaders? Who stabbed their own father in law? Please not make me open my mouth."
- "The country is supreme and anything that is threat to the country, the law will take care of it. If people want to accuse me, they can do the mud-slinging. "
First Published : 29 Mar 2019, 09:19:18 AM