New Delhi :
Leaving behind the animosity of 24 years, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati and Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav came together to address a joint rally in Uttar Pradesh’s Mainpuri on Friday. During the historic rally, the old rivals showered praised upon each other with Mayawati terming the SP patriarch a true leader of the backward classes. The BSP chief said that she rose above the 1995 'guest house incident' for the sake of the country. Thanking the BSP chief for coming together with Samajwadi Party in the time of need, Mulayam asked his supporters and party workers to always respect Mayawati.
Below are the top quotes of Mayawati, Mulayam Singh and Akhilesh Yadav during Mainpuri rally:
1. People want to know why I had entered an alliance despite my past equations with Mulayam singh ji and the state guest house episode. But sometimes, we have to take such tough decisions, keeping national interests in mind: Mayawati
2. For the OBCs, Mulayam Singh is the tallest leader. It was under his leadership that the SP banner was able to unite people from all sections of the society. Mulayam Singh Yadav is a real Backward class, unlike PM Modi, who is a fake one and projected his upper caste as a lower one just for votes.
3. I am confident that BJP will lose these elections and will be voted out of the centre soon...this 'chowkidari' farce will not save the BJP.
4. PM made many promises to UP in 2014 but he has not even fulfilled 1/4th of those promises and this time too, he is rallying around do the same thing.
5. The Congress is now trying to come back to power...for that they are traveling the country and promising financial schemes to the poor to get their votes.
6. I appeal to you that you should ensure that BJP does not return to power...they will use religion to entice you but I appeal to you that you should not fall for their lies...the sense that I get from the last two phases of elections is that BJP's condition has worsened.
7. This is a historic moment. Mayawati has appealed to voters to help Mulayam Singh Yadav to win and I am sure that Mainpuri will vote for Mulayam in record numbers.
8. The country today is going through a very fragile phase...our farmers are in distress...BJP is busy stealing our fertilizers.. our youths are losing jobs. BJP says they want to build a 'Naya Bharat', but the mahagathbandhan says we need a new Prime Minister in the country.
Mulayam Singh Yadav
9. Today, Mayawati Ji has come and I welcome her and respect her. Always respect Mayawati ji as she has helped us whenever we needed. I am happy she came here in my support.
10. This is the last time I stand in front of you, the people of Mianpur to appeal for votes. Give us your love and respect once again.