Baahubali 2: The Conclusion has broken all Box Office records in just three days of its release and reportedly crossed Rs 500 crore on Sunday (April 30). Baahubali 2 hit theaters on April 28 globally in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and Malayalam versions.
Baahubali 2 is the second film in the two-part franchise. The film stars Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Ramya Krishnan and Sathyaraj among others.
Filmmaker SS Rajamouli has thanked "Baahubali" fans for making the film a huge success.
The 43-year-old director, who is being praised for his grand vision, said it was only natural that a big project like "Baahubali: The Conclusion" would face problems during its release but fans were always by their side.
Here are few mind-boggling details in 10 points about the pre-sale, preview collections, and worldwide earning in first three days of the release of SS Rajamouli's epic movie -
1. Baahubali 2: The Conclusion opened at 9000 screens worldwide, with almost 6,500 screens in India alone. It was the first movie to get such a massive release in both India and world.
2. The movie minted Rs 121 crore in India on day one.
3. The film earned a total of Rs 217 crore worldwide on day one.
4. The winning streak continued on day two with Rs 285 crore gross earning in India.
5. The second day collection was about Rs 382 crore gross at the box office world over.
6. On day 3, the movie achieved the unbelievable and magical figure of Rs 500 crore.
7. According to media reports, the movie has already earned about Rs 500 crore in pre-sale of rights. In the US, the film minted over Rs 19 crore from pre-sales of tickets, according to distributor Great India Films.
8. Baahubali 2, even before its release on April 28, had created a record of selling theatrical rights at record pricing. Accordng to reports, SS Rajamouli’s mega movie has already earned around 500 crores with it’s theatrical, satellite and music rights.
9. The total earnings of the movie go up to Rs 1000 crore if the pre-sale rights, preview collections and gross earning in both India and overseas markets are added.
10. It has already crossed the opening day record set by Aamir Khan’s Dangal and Salman Khan’s Sultan.
According to trade analyst Ramesh Bala, here are the details of movie's first weekend worldwide Box Office -
# Rs 335 crore in nett collections,
# Rs 415 crore gross earnings, and
# Overseas collections are Rs 125 crore.
# The total earning goes to Rs 540 crore (US $84 Million).
A report in BoxofficeIndia.com says, the multi-lingual film featuring Prabhas and Rana Daggubati has earned Rs 506 crore worldwide (including all languages) in the first three days of its release.
The report says -
# The movie's Gross collection in India was expected to cross Rs 350 crore over the weekend.
# It has earned Rs 121 crore in overseas markets.
# The movie has broken all records in countries like US, Canada, Australia and other Gulf nations.
According to various media reports, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion's preview collection and worldwide earnings have gone up to Rs 500 crore in just first three days.
Noted Hindi movie critic and biz analyst Taran Adarsh wrote in his article on BollywoodHungama.com on the unimaginable success of this movie: "No Republic Day... No Eid... No Independence Day... No Diwali... No Christmas... No mall visits... No city shows... No appearance on comedy shows on TV... No Khans, no Kapoors, no Roshans, no Kumars... No item songs... No foreign locations... Yet, BAAHUBALI-2 smashes every record in sight and sets new benchmarks at the BO."
Let's have a look at the series of tweets posted by Hindi movie critic and biz analyst Taran Adarsh on his Twitter timeline about the Box Office Collections of Baahubali 2: The Conclusion.
This WAVE is UNSTOPPABLE... #Baahubali2 creates a NEW RECORD... Fri 41 cr, Sat 40.50 cr, Sun 46.50 cr. Total: ? 128 cr. India biz. HINDI.— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) May 1, 2017
The movie's co-producer Karan Johar also tweeted about total business of its Hindi version in India based on the cillections done on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Baahubali: The Beginning was released in 2015 and earned a grand total of Rs 650 crore at the box office.
All data and figures are taken in the story are from media reports.
Also Read | After 'Baahubali 2', Rajamouli to make third instalment of Prabhas-starrer? Tamannaah Bhatia has the answer
Also Read | Baahubali 2 mania continues: BookMyShow sells 12 tickets per second
Trailer of Baahubali 2: The Conclusion