#MeToo wave: Sajid Khan announces his departure from Housefull 4
In the wake of #MeToo movement and sexual allegations against Bollywood filmmaker Sajid Khan, the director announced his departure from Housefull 4. Sajid has been accused of sexual harassment against him by two women.
Sajid expressed his concern on Twitter and said that he was taking the moral responsibility to step down till the allegations are alleviated. "In the wake of the allegations against me and the pressure being put on my family, my producer and the stars of my film 'Housefull 4', I must take the moral responsibility of stepping down from my directorial post, till the time I can allay the allegations and prove the truth.. Request my friends in the media to kindly not pass judgment till the truth is out," the director wrote.
Taking to Twitter, a journalist had revealed her horrifying experience of being sexually harassed by Khan in the early 2000s. She went on to narrate her ordeal and alleged that throughout her first-ever interview with Sajid, he continued to talk inappropriately. Even after a few years, when they reunited for yet another project at MTV, Khan had allegedly said something to her which she will 'never forget'.
Soon after the #MeToo allegation against Bollywood's one of the most prominent directors made the social media going bonkers, another journalist, named Saloni Chopra came out with her awful allegations against Khan which she had chosen to let go of for years.
Earlier on Friday, Housefull actor Akshay Kumar also announced that the film’s shooting has been put on hold for now. Akshay's wife Twinkle Khanna was the first to ask the film's cast to a "firm stand" on the allegations against the director.
The film also stars Nana Patekar, who was the first celebrity to be accused of harassment by actor Tanushree Dutta a fortnight ago. Nana has so far denied all the allegations. But Tanushree’s revelations have shed light to a string of cases entwined with sexual harassment.