Karan Johar Reveals Why Shah Rukh Khan Has Taken A Break From Acting (File Photo)
Shah Rukh Khan is yet to sign another film post Zero and his fans are waiting with bated breath for the next big announcement. Several speculations are doing the rounds in the industry about his next film as ana actor and now good friend Karan has revealed the reason he took a break.
Talking about SRK not appearing on screen for a long time, Karan said that he has taken a year off to analyse his film choices. The filmmakers also mentioned that one cannot erase somebody's lineage, somebody's talent by a few setbacks forget the fact that he represents superstardom.
"He has the majestic aura, and every time you say the word superstardom, you think Shah Rukh Khan. And that is never going to be grabbed away from him," the director said at India Today conclave.
Shah Rukh's last few films did not do well at the box office, making many feel that the Badshah's era is over. After Jab Harry Met Sejal, much talked about Zero also failed to leave a mark at the box office, and since then he has not signed any film.
We hope the King of romance soon makes a comeback in a way that all the criticisms fade away.
Meanwhile, Shah Rukh has asked his fans and followers to not give in to rumours about his joining a film and wait for him to announce his next film.
Since the release of the Aanand L Rai-directed movie, many reports on Shah Rukh's next film as the lead have been doing the rounds.
While few media outlets suggested that he has signed on to star in an Ali Abbas Zafar film, others reported that he may feature in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Sahir Ludhianvi biopic. There were also rumours of him doing Rakesh Sharma biopic and Farhan Akhtar's "Don 3".
Meanwhile, Shah Rukh is busy producing content for streaming service Netflix. His first production Bard of Blood, featuring Emraan Hashmi, will premiere on the platform on September 27.