Anu Malik banned from entering YRF studios (Photo Credit: Twitter)
It was Tanushree Dutta who began the #MeToo movement in India. She accused Nana Patekar of sexual harassment. After Nana Patekar, many Bollywood bigwigs including Subhash Ghai, Sajid Khan, Alok Nath, Anu Malik and others made it to the alleged offenders’ list. It is to be noted that Bollywood singer Anu Malik was accused of sexual misconduct by three female singers including Shweta Pandit and Sona Mohapatra. And now, Anu Malik has been banned from entering the premises of the Yash Raj Films Studios.
Anu Malik was named in the MeToo movement last year and since then the film industry has taken a serious cognizance of this. According to a report published in Bollywood Hungama, Anu Malik has been refrained from entering the premises of the studio as the studio maintains a very strict policy on harassment. By refraining Anu Malik, YRF studios has just followed its policy.
Recently, the reports emerged that Anu Malik is making a return as judge for Indian Idol show. Well, the shoot for Indian Idol happens in the YRF Studios and with them not allowing Anu Malik to enter the premises, it wouldn’t be at all easy for the makers of the show.
It is worth mentioning here that YRF had previously sacked its senior executive, Ashish Patil. He had also been called out in the MeToo allegations.
Earlier, Shweta narrated about her ordeal on Twitter. In a tweet, Shweta had said that Anu Malik behaved with her inappropriately when she was a 15-year-old.
Take a look:
Had to go back to my worst memory as a teenage girl today to write this and speak up - its now or never. This is my #MeToo and have to warn young girls about #AnuMalik & let you know your #TimesUp @IndiaMeToo— Shweta Pandit Fucci (@ShwetaPandit7) October 17, 2018
Thank you @sonamohapatra for speaking up about him & supporting this pic.twitter.com/e261pGQyEq
Also, singer Sona Mahapatra had accused Anu Malik and Kailash Kher of sexual harassment and predatory behaviour. In her Instagram post, Sona Mahapatra had said, “To all the young girls & women who are coming out with their experiences with this creep, journalists, ‘fans’ & even kids from college, know that you are not alone. This guy, #KailashKher is a serial predator & has been for years as are many others like Anu Malik in the industry. I cannot be tweeting about everyone cus I work 18 hour work days & have a life to live & breathe in.”
View this post on Instagram
To all the young girls & women who are coming out with their experiences with this creep, journalists, ‘fans’ & even kids from college, know that you are not alone. This guy, #KailashKher is a serial predator & has been for years as are many others like Anu Malik in the industry. I cannot be tweeting about everyone cus I work 18 hour work days & have a life to live & breathe in. Also I cannot comment on many others basis heresay. That would be unfair. (Many journalists have been asking me for stories thinking that I’m most likely to ‘spill the beans’. I’m not) It is important that we stick to facts & our personal experiences to make this a serious & credible movement to help clean a system & lopsided power structure. It is just a start but an important one. #TimesUp #India #Change
However, Anu Malik’s lawyer all the claims and said, “The allegations made against my client are emphatically denied as completely false and baseless. My client respects the #metoo movement but to use this movement to start a character assassination mission is obnoxious.”