Raveena Tandon starrer 'Maatr' was doing the rounds on Sunday as the Censor Board Of Film Certification’s (CBFC) reportedly banned the film due to a violent rape scene.
Now CEO of CBFC Anurag Srivastava clears the air about the ban put on film. He says that the examination committee is still in process and the result will be conveyed in a day or two.
“The screening of the movie 'Maatr' for CBFC was done on Saturday evening and at the moment there is no screening of 'Maatr' again. Ban on the movie is false, as the examination committee is still in process and the result will be conveyed in a day or two,” he said.
Earlier the reports had it that an entire group of CBFC members walked out during the screening of the film last week after it was discovered that the film's content was drastically different from the screenplay that was given to the board. It was said that on Saturday, CBFC viewed the film again and banned it for allegedly violating several guidelines.
Written by Michael Pellico and directed by Ashtar Sayed, the film deals with the grim subject of rape tells the heart-wrenching story of a mother who sets out to avenge her daughter's death. The movie is slated to release on April 21.