Today marks the 219th birth anniversary of well-known Urdu poet Mirza Asadullah Baig Khan, famously known as ‘Mirza Ghalib’. He also wrote several ghazals during his era and was popular for his different style of writing.
His writings not just touched the hearts of millions but also became inspiration for several aspiring writers.
Ghalib generates a reverence hard to match and is touted out as an extraordinary poet in Urdu literature.
As the world remembers this legendary writer, we bring you five of his well-known verses that keep him alive in our hearts forever:
1. Huyi muddat ke Ghalib mar gaya par yaad aataa hai……
Vo har ik baat par kehna, ke, yun hota, to kya hotaa
2. Hain aur bhii duniya mein sukhanwar bohot achche……
kehte hain ki 'Ghalib' ka hai andaaz-e-bayaan aur
3. Hazaron khwahshe aisi ke har khwahish pe dam nikle….
Bahut nikle mere armaan lekin phir bhi kam nikle
4. Koi umeed bar nahin aati…..
Koi soorat nazar nahin aati,
Hum wahan hain jahan se humko bhi……
Kuchh humari khabar nahin aati
5. Bas ke dushwaar hay, har kaam ka aasan hona……
Aadmi ko bhi muyassar nahi, insaan hona