2018 can easily be called the year of tinseltowns wedding. From Bollywood to television, there was no dearth of celebrities who decided to take the plunge this year. While Deepika Padukone tied the knot with longtime boyfriend Ranveer Singh in Italy, Priyanka Chopra stood at the altar with Nick Jonas in Jodhpur. Sonam Kapoor also surprised many Â by marrying Anand Ahuja.
As the year reaches its end, letâ€™s rewind to some of the most memorable celebrity â€˜I dosâ€™ of 2018.
1. Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh: After dating for six long years, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh had the most flamboyant wedding this year. The couple chose the picturesque Lake Como in Italy for their Konkani and North Indian wedding ceremonies. The grand wedding was followed by a grand reception at Padukoneâ€™s hometown, Bengaluru, and two receptions in Mumbai that saw some of Bollywoodâ€™s biggest stars, from Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Kareena Kapoor Khan to Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma and many more, in attendance.
2. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas: Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas got married in Jodhpurâ€™s Umaid Bhawan Palace earlier this month. The wedding saw family and close friends in attendance. Nickyanka, as they are now called, had two wedding ceremonies â€“ the Christian wedding on December 1 was followed by a Hindu wedding on December 2. It came as no surprise that Priyanka and Nickâ€™s nuptials made for one of the Googled weddings of the year.
3. Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja: From a star-studded Sangeet that saw the likes of Ranveer Singh, Jacqueline Fernandez, Kareena Kapoor Khan to Bachchans shaking a leg with the Kapoor clan, Sonam Kapoorâ€™s three-day wedding affair to businessman Anand Ahuja, was easily one of the biggest celebrity weddings of the year. Within days, Sonam walked the Cannes red carpet, even when her Mehendi was still intact, making another style statement.
4. Neha Dhupia and Angad Bedi: Neha Dhupia got hitched to actor Angad Bedi in a quiet ceremony in New Delhi. Their wedding came as a surprise for many of their fans. Their Anand Karaj Ceremony was held at a Gurudwara on May 10. The two best friends kept mum about their relationship status. But their private nuptial put all the rumours to rest. They were blessed with a baby girl in November.
5. Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal: Isha Ambani and Anand Piramal tied the nuptial knot on December 12, 2018. The grand affair at the Ambaniâ€™s home Antilla in Mumbai was attended by some of the biggest faces from Bollywood, sports, business and politics. The guest list included â€“ former US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, Sharad Pawar, former president Pranab Mukherjee, Maneka Gandhi, Rajinikanth, HD Deve Gowda and P Chidambaram. The pre-wedding celebrations in Udaipur saw the dazzling performances from the likes of American pop sensation Beyonce, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.Â
6. Kapil Sharma and Ginni Chatrath: Kapil Sharma tied the knot to Ginni Chatrath in his hometown Jalandhar on December 12. Before getting married, Kapil took to Instagram to make his wedding news official. The note that he shared read, â€œWith great joy in our hearts and blessings of our parents, it gives us immense pleasure to announce that Ginni and I will embark on a new journey of love, respect and togetherness on 12th December 2018. We would like to thank each and everyone who has been a part of our wonderful sojourn and seek the best wishes and prayers of all our loved ones.â€
7. Dipika Kakar and Shoaib Ibrahim: Bigg Boss 12 contestant Dipika Kakar got hitched to Shoaib Ibrahim in Bhopal on January 22 in the presence of their families. They later threw a reception for their industry friends. Dipikaâ€™s love for Shoaib has been quite evident in the Bigg Boss house too!
8. Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar: Talk about â€˜age is no barâ€™ and this couple is a true benchmark. Milind Soman married his long-time girlfriend Ankita Konwar on April 11, 2018, in Alibaug, Mumbai. The two had a traditional Maharashtrian wedding followed by a Christian nuptial in April. They even planted a tree for every single guest who attended their nuptials. Ankita and Milind are both fitness enthusiasts and they never fail to swoon everyone with their 'oh-so-adorable' pictures.
View this post on Instagram
ULTREIA!!! The call of the pilgrims on #elCamiÃ±o #Santiago meaning 'keep going, go beyond' ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š it must have been tough on the trail 500 years ago, don't know how they did it! @earthy_5 and i reached worlds end on the 12th of July ðŸ˜Š walked more than 300km across Spain and Portugal
9. Prince Narula and Yuvika Chaudhary: Former Bigg Boss contestants Prince Narula and Yuvika Chaudhary tied the knot in a traditional wedding ceremony on October 12 in Mumbai. The wedding of the much-in-love couple was a star-studded affair. Theirs was the most successful love story that blossomed inside the Bigg Boss house.Â
10. Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla: After dating for three years, the TV couple tied the knot in June this year. They got married at a palatial home in Shimla in June, followed by a reception in Mumbai for their industry friends. The two keep on sharing adorable pictures of each other on their social media accounts and itâ€™s just too cute for words!
Apart from the above-mentioned adorable couples, the other couple who got hitched this year includes -Keith Sequeira and Rochell Rao, Shakti Arora and Neha Saxena, Shweta Basu Prasad and Rohit Mittal, Raghu Ram and Natalie Di Luccio.Â