Nayanthara has taken the Indian film industry by storm with her glamour quotient and acting chops. She predominantly works in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films. Be it a period drama film like Sye Raa to an action film like Bigil, the gorgeous actress has proved herself every time. The actress turned a year older today and is celebrating her 35th birthday with her beau Vignesh Shivan in New York. While we wait to catch some beautiful photos from her birthday celebrations, let’s take a look at some lesser known facts about the actress. Check it out below.
1. Born as Diana Mariam Kurian, the actress chose Nayanthara as her stage name. However, later on, she converted to Hinudism and turned her stage name into her real, legal name.
View this post on Instagram
Thank you thangamey ðŸ˜‡ðŸ˜‡ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜˜ðŸ¤—ðŸ¤—ðŸ˜ÂÂÂÂÂðŸ˜ÂÂÂÂÂðŸ˜ÂÂÂÂÂ Life after meeting you has been blessed wit only sweet moments ! Thank you for this day ! Thank you for accepting to do this film .. thus giving me a chance to have a nice life ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜‡ðŸ¤—ðŸŒŸðŸŒŸðŸŒŸ Godbless you ! & May you always remain this beautiful person inside & outside - forever ! Loads of love ðŸ’• ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜ÂÂÂÂÂðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜ÂÂÂÂÂðŸ¤—ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜ÂÂÂÂÂ #nayanthara #NRD #4years #naanumrowdydhaan #lifesaver #blessed
2. Before becoming an actress, Nayanthara was an established model. She has become one of the most desirable women in the south film industry.
3.The Bigil actress has moved city to city to complete her schooling as her father was an Indian Airforce employee.
4. Nayanthara was reportedly in relationship with Prabhudeva, which ended quite controversially. The actress even got his named tattooed on her wrist when she was dating him, according to reports.
5. The actress was reportedly approached for a special dance number in Rohit Shetty’s Chennai Express but she turned it down since it was being choreographed by Prabhudeva.
6. The stunner has found love again in filmmaker Vignesh Shivan. The director was initially very reluctant and intimidated by her persona since she was a superstar.