Exclusive: JNU students did not raise anti-national slogans, Kanhaiya Kumar tells News Nation
A Month Ago, He Was Known As JNSU President Only Inside The JNU Campus. Then He Faces Allegations Of Being A 'traitor' And Gets Arrested On Sedition Charges. He Is Then Criticized And Presented As A 'villain'. But After Several Twists And Turns, He Comes Out Of Jail As A 'hero' And His Voice Becomes The Voice Of Opposition.
A month ago, he was known as JNSU president only inside the JNU campus. Then he faces allegations of being a 'traitor' and gets arrested on sedition charges. He is then criticized and presented as a 'villain'. But after several twists and turns, he comes out of jail as a 'hero' and his voice becomes the voice of Opposition.
He is Kanhaiya Kumar, who has now become popular. In an exclusive interview, News Nation spoke to the JNSU leader. Here are the highlights of the interview:
- When anti-national slogans were raised, I was not present there. But yes, anti-national slogans were raised, I saw the video later on whatsApp.
- JNU students did not raise anti-national slogans
- My blood boils when I see our soldiers dying in borders Bhagat Singh ne kaha hai Inquilab bandook se nahi vicharon se aata hai.
- I am fighting for the country, obviously the country is with me and the country has political parties
- Political leaders are not standing with me, they have stood against government's attack on the autonomy of campus.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has not fulfilled his promises
- I have not said that Modi ji is Hitler. The saying "Mooh Mein Ram Bagal Mein Chhuri" goes for Modi ji. Modi ji's guru is Hitler. My guru is BR Ambedkar.
- Rahul Gandhi mere mushkil ke sath hain
- West Bengal is too far from Delhi, no comments on campaigning for any political party
First Published : 05 Mar 2016, 02:20:00 PM