Maharashtra Vikas Agadi Releases 'Secular' Common Minimum Program, Details Here
NCP Leaders Jayant Patil And Nawab Malik And Sena Leader Eknath Shinde Announced The CMP Proposals At A Media Briefing, Ahead Of The Swearing In Of The Uddhav Thackeray-led Government Later In The Evening.
The Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress alliance on Thursday said the Maharashtra Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government in the state would waive farmers’ loans and ensure 80 per cent quota in jobs to local/domicile youth.
NCP leaders Jayant Patil and Nawab Malik and Sena leader Eknath Shinde announced the CMP proposals at a media briefing here, ahead of the swearing in of the Uddhav Thackeray-led government later in the evening.
The programme consists of complete loan waiver to farmers in the state as well as one rupee clinic across the state, which will provide basic screening of people across the state, they said.
Sena’s most discussed promise during the Assembly poll campaign of offering a full meal at Rs 10 also figures in the CMP.
As per the CMP, it has been decided to frame a law to offer 80 per cent of jobs for locals/domicile youth.
Shiv Sena-Congress-NCP Common Minimum Program: 10 Points
- "The alliance partners commit to uphold the secular values enshrined in the Constitution. On Contentious issues of national importance as well as of state emportance especially having repercussions on the secular fabric of the nation, the Shiv Sena and the Congress will take a joint view after holding consulations and arriving at a consensus," reads the preamble of the Commom Minimum Program.
- As per the common minimum program reached by the Shiv Sena, Congress and NCP, farmers will be provided immediate assistance and loan waiver. Crop Insurance Scheme will also be revised to ensure immediate compensation to the farmers who have lost their crops.
- There will be a compulsion and a law will be enacted to ensure 80 percent reservation for locals in the existing and new companies, Shiv Sena's Eknath Shinde said.
- The process of filling the vacant posts in the state government will be initiated immediatelly and fellowship will be provided to educated unemployed youth.
- In the CMP, the coalition has vowed to keep women's safety as the government's highest priority. In this regard, the government will build working women hostel across the cities and district headquarters in Maharashtra.
- Children of farm labourers and students belonging to economically weaker section will be provided education loan on zero per cent interest rate.
- The Maha Vikas Aghadi government will also launch One Rupee clinic at taluka level to ensure good and affordable healthcare for all citizen. The clinics will have the facility of pathological tests.
- Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray has been nominated as the leader of the Maharashtra Vikas Aghadi coalition. Thackeray will be the 18th chief minister of the state.
- The Shiv Sena had fought the Maharashtra Assembly polls with the BJP. However, their pre-poll alliance broke after the BJP refused to share the chief minister's post with the Sena, following which the Uddhav Thackeray-led party stitched a coalition with the NCP and ideologically opposite Congress.
- However, they were ditched by NCP's Ajit Pawar who joined hands with the BJP and formed government under Devendra Fadnavis's leadership. After Ajit Pawar's move, a legal battle ensued and the Supreme Court asked Fadnavis to prove majorty. He, however, chose to resign after Ajit Pawar went back in his uncle Sharad Pawar's camp and finally Shiv Sena-led Maha-Aghadi alliance was inivted to form the government.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 28 Nov 2019, 04:50:34 PM