Assam: Prime Minister Modi to inaugurate Bogibeel bridge on December 25, Click here to know more in 7 points
Bogibeel Bridge Is A Combined Road And Rail Bridge Over The Brahmaputra Between Dhemaji District And Dibrugarh District
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate Bogibeel bridge in Assam on December 25, reported news agency ANI on Wednesday. Bogibeel bridge is a combined road and rail bridge over the Brahmaputra between Dhemaji district and Dibrugarh district.
Read More | What is AgustaWestland VVIP choppers scam? 10-point explainer
Know more about the Bogibeel bridge:
- At 4.94 km, it is India's longest rail-road bridge.
- It will connect the north and south banks of the Brahmaputra in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
- The PM will inaugurate the bridge on December 25, which is marked as Good Governance Day.
- Former prime minister HD Deve Gowda laid the foundation stone for the bridge in January 1997.
- Work started only in April 2002 when former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee inaugurated the construction.
- The first freight train ran on it on December 3.
- Bogibeel is part of infrastructure projects planned by India to improve logistics along the border in Arunachal Pradesh.
(With agency inputs)
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 05 Dec 2018, 10:39:59 AM