New Delhi :
In an explosive claim that may change the course of country's politics, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Saturday told Delhi's Patiala House Court that Christian Michel, the alleged middleman in the AgustaWestland scam has named one "Mrs Gandhi", "son of Italian lady" and how he is going to become the "next prime minister of the country". During the interrogation, the probe agency claimed, that Michel also identified how the HAL was removed from the deal and Tata got the contract. The ED also sought custody of the alleged middleman saying they need to confront him to decipher who the "big man" referred to as "R" is. The court granted the probe agency seven-day custody of the Michel.
What ED told court on Christian Michel's revelation: 5 points
1. The Enforcement Directorate told Delhi's Patiala House Court that Christian Michel has taken the name of "Mrs Gandhi". The agency, however, didn't say in what reference he took the name of "Mrs Gandhi."
2. The probe agency told the court that Michel also spoke about "the son of the Italian lady" and how he is going to become the "next prime minister of the country".
3. The ED demanded seven-day custody of the alleged middleman saying they need to confront him with other people to decipher who the "big man" referred to as "R" is.
4. The Enforcement Directorate claimed that Michel also identified how HAL was removed from the deal which was later offered to Tata.
5. The ED also sought to ban Michel access to his lawyer, alleging that he was being tutored from outside.
Earlier this month, Michel was extradited to India from Dubai. Upon his arrival in the country, he was subjected to intense questioning by the probe agencies and slept barely for two hours. The 57-year old had an anxiety attack upon reaching the CBI headquarters and doctors were called to attend to him. After giving him treatment, he was put to an intense grilling about money trail and identification of documents in the AgustaWestland VVIP choppers scam case.