At least 85 students fell sick after eating midday meal in a govt. school of Bihar’s Samstipur district.
All the students were admitted to a local hospital and later discharged after getting treatment.
“Soon after the children consumed their meal at a primary school in Akbarpur Pitaurdiya village, they complained of uneasiness, which led to vomiting and some students falling unconscious,” a district official said.
The district education officer Brajesh Kumar has ordered a probe into the matter and asked the block education officers to submit the report.
However, doctors who treated students didn’t find any poison sign in their bodies but two girl students had claimed to see a died lizard in the food served to them.
In 2013, 23 students died after eating midday meal at a govt. school in saran district of Bihar.