BJP President Amit Shah's birthday: Here's a look at his achievements as party chief
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah turned 54 on Monday. Referred to as the modern-day Chanakya, Shah is not only credited with making the BJP the world’s largest party in terms membership but also making the “lotus” bloom in 14 more states since coming to power in 2014.
Shah was made the party president after former party chief and Home Minister Rajnath Singh was inducted into the Narendra Modi Cabinet. Right after taking charge, the party won the Assembly elections in Maharashtra and Haryana. Then there was no stopping for the BJP as this was followed by wins in Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and making inroads to the north-east in Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura, Manipur, Nagaland. Under his leadership, BJP now holds charge in 21 states along with alliance partners.
Read More | Kerala Nun Rape Case: Priest who testified against bishop Franco Mulakkal found dead in Jalandhar
The party's achievements under Amit Shah's leadership:
- Under Shah, BJP became the world's "largest political party" as its membership grew from less than 3 crore to more than 11 crore
- For the first time, training camps were held for workers on a grand scale at national, state, district and block levels. While earlier only 3,500 workers on an average participated in these camps annually, more than 7,25,000 workers joined the camps in 2015 due to his "perseverance"
- The party registered its best electoral performance in Jammu and Kashmir
- BJP made an in-road into the northeast. BJP's biggest win this year was in Tripura, where it managed to destroy the 25-year-old Left rule
- The party improved its performance in Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karnataka
Also Read | Koffee with Karan 6: 'wild and wacky' fun with Akshay-Ranveer after girl power Deepika-Alia - english.newsnationtv.com
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 22 Oct 2018, 02:20:32 PM