News Nation Logo


J-K: Two Terrorists Trapped As Encounter Breaks Out With Security Forces In Pulwama District

J-K: Two Terrorists Trapped As Encounter Breaks Out With Security Forces In Pulwama District

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Victor Dasgupta | Updated on: 22 Oct 2019, 07:23:55 PM
Image for representational purposes only

New Delhi:

An encounter broke between security forces and terrorists after on Tuesday in Jammu and Kashmir’s Awantipora. Earlier, the forces had launched a cordon and search operation following the inputs about the presence of terrorists.

According to the sources, 2-3 terrorists are trapped inside. The exchange of fire was going on and no casualties had been reported so far, the police said, adding that further details were being awaited.

Earlier in the month, three terrorists were gunned down in an encounter with security forces in Anantnag, while militants killed a migrant labourer from Chhattisgarh and an apple trader from Punjab in separate incidents in Jammu and Kashmir where normal life remained affected for the 73rd consecutive day since the abrogation of Article 370 of the Constitution.

The Jammu and Kashmir Police managed to arrest the kingpin who spearheaded violent protests in Kashmir Valley after the August 5 decisions. The three terrorists, who were in their early 20s and had joined terror groups recently, were killed in an encounter with the police in Anantnag district, officials said.

The encounter broke out at Pazalpora area in Anantnag on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday on a specific intelligence provided by the district police. All the three militants have been neutralised, the officials said.

A police team, along with other security forces, launched a cordon-and-search operation in the area. It had a pinpointed information where the three militants were holed up, the officials said. It approached a house whose owner resisted saying that no one was present at the premises, but not agreeing to the landlord, the team carried on with their operation, they said.

The holed up militants first fired at around 02.30 AM after which the police retaliated effectively. In the encounter, the entire house came down due to the gunfight, they said, adding that the bodies have been handed over to the families for their burial.

The oldest among the three was Nasir Gulzar Chadroo alias Abu Hannan, a resident of Bijbehara in Anantnag district, who had joined the banned Lashker-e-Taiba terror outfit in September last year. The other two were identified as Zahid Ahmad Lone and Aaqib Ahmad Hajam.

While Lone, also a resident of Bijbehara, had joined the terror outfit in July, Hajam, a resident of Redhwani in Kulgam district of south Kashmir, had joined militancy in April. All the three were in their early 20’s.

For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 22 Oct 2019, 05:17:01 PM