The death count in the building collapse in Dharwad has risen to seven and a total of 60 persons have been rescued so far, news agency ANI reported. The police said four people have been brought out from the debris while rescue operations are in full swing. As many as 10 ambulances and five fire tenders have been engaged to carry out rescue and relief operations. Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said he was shocked to learn about the collapse of the under-construction building.
"Shocked to learn about the collapse of an under-construction building in Dharwad. I've instructed the Chief Secretary to supervise rescue operations. I have also directed the CS to send additional resources and expert rescuers by a special flight to #Dharwad," tweeted Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy.
“Two more teams of #NDRF are being airlifted from Ghaziabad in addition to one team which was moved from Bangalore in connection with Dharwad building collapse,” the NDRF tweeted.
About 150 police, fire and emergency personnel have joined the rescue operations. No arrests have been made so far.
Former Karnataka minister and Congress leader from the region Vinay Kulkarni said Tuesday that one of the partners in the building was his relative and that whoever was involved should face act