New Delhi :
The status quo on Dokalam is as it was as on August 28 ever since the troops on both sides of the disputed territory disengaged confirmed the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Friday.
'No new developments at the face-off site & its vicinity since 28 Aug disengagement' said MEA spokesperson Ravish Kumar. The MEA issued this clarification amidst news reports circulated about China building roads near the Dokalam pleatue.
Earlier in the day Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi tweeted addressing to Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi if he was done with the chest thumping and would care to explain the Chinese build up of roads along the Dokalam pleatue.
Rahul Gandhi's allegations was based on similar news reports which was latter clarified by sources in the army as construction of road along the Chumbi valley which has no strategic implications.
The Indian Army's top commanders are meeting in a conclave begining on Monday on October 9 where the Sino-India border as well as in Jammu and Kashmir are likely to dominate a week-long conference.
China is reportedly maintaining a guard of 500 soldiers along the line of construction at the Chumbi valley.
"All the issues having ramifications for India's security will be discussed," a senior army official said when asked whether China's assertiveness inDokalam Plateau will bem deliberated upon.
There are also reports that People's Liberation Army (PLA) has increased more troops on its forward post in Yatung. The key conference will also be addressed by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
Sources said the top commanders are also likely to analyse the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir with a focus on bolstering counter-terroroperations.