'From Here On, India Will Hold Special Place In Our Hearts': Key Takeaways From Trump’s Speech
Donald Trump While Addressing The Crowd Said, America Loves India, America Respects India And America Will Always Be A Faithful And Loyal Friend To The Indian People.
'India Will Hold Special Place In Our Hearts': Key Takeaways From Trump’s Speech (Photo Credit: Twitter)
US President Donald Trump on Monday addressed a massive crowd at Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad. The US President was welcomed at the stadium by Union Home Minister Amit Shah, CM Vijay Rupnai and Governor Acharya Devvrat. Trump visited the stadium after paying tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at Sabarmati Ashram, which was home to Mahatma Gandhi between 1917 and 1930 during India's freedom struggle. “5 months ago the United States welcomed your great Prime Minister at a giant football stadium in Texas and today India welcomes us at the world's largest cricket stadium right here in Ahmedabad,” Donald Trump told an electrifying crowd at the stadium.
Key Takeaways From Donald Trump’s Speech
- America loves India, America respects India and America will always be a faithful and loyal friend to the Indian people.
- Five months ago the United States welcomed your great Prime Minister at a giant football stadium in Texas and today India welcomes us at the world's largest cricket stadium right here in Ahmedabad.
- We will always remember this remarkable hospitality. India will hold a special place in our hearts. PM Modi started out as 'tea wallah', he worked as a tea seller. Everybody loves him but I will tell you this, he is very tough.
- PM Modi you are not just the pride of Gujarat, you are living proof that with hard work & devotion, Indians can accomplish anything at all, anything they want. The Prime Minister is a moving story of an incredible rise.
- All over the planet people take great joy in watching Bollywood films, bhangra, and classic films like DDLJ and Sholay. You cheer on great cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli.
- As we continue to build our defence cooperation, the US looks forward to providing India with some of the best and most feared military equipment on the planet. We make the greatest weapons ever made. We make the best and we are dealing now with India.
- Both countries are united in defending citizens from threat of radical Islamic terrorism. Under my administration we unleashed full power of American military on bloodthirsty killers of ISIS. Today ISIS territorial caliphate is 100 per cent destroyed. 'Monster' Al Baghdadi is dead.
- I am pleased to announce that tomorrow our representatives will sign deals to sell over US Dollar 3 Billion, in the absolute finest state of the art military helicopters and other equipment to the Indian armed forces.
- The US and India are committed to working together to stop terrorists & to fight their ideology. For this reason, since taking office my admn is working in a very positive way with Pakistan to crack down on terror organisations and militants that operate on the Pakistani border.
- Our relationship with Pakistan is a very good one. Thanks to these efforts we are beginning to see signs of big progress with Pakistan and we are hopeful for reduced tensions, greater stability and the future of harmony for all of the nations of South Asia.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 24 Feb 2020, 02:14:11 PM